Friday, November 9, 2012

White Frangipanis - Photo of the Week

It's been a crazy busy week this week and Friday has (fortunately) snuck up on me pretty quickly.  Although, I wasn't able to get all my work done for school during the week and will now spend part of my weekend making mid-term exams for my students.  Sigh.  But, it's Friday!  So I'm still going to rejoice!

This week's Photo of the Week comes to you from the Royal Flora gardens in Chiang Mai.  In June, we had a school field trip to the gardens and had the run of the place - during the rainy season, the gardens shut down to guests, with the exception of school trips apparently. 


Photo of the Week: White Frangipanis
For sale at www.artforconservation.org/artists/racephotography
 In between teaching the students about recycling and being green, my fellow teachers and I were able to walk around and enjoy the flowers.  I grabbed this shot fresh after a rainstorm along a row of frangipani trees - my favourite flowers.  They're so beautiful, smell absolutely delicious, and lucky for me they're all over Thailand.

I have edited this photo, softened the edges and gave it a "painted" appearance.

You may or may not know, I sell photography on the side.  I've just re-vamped my website, got rid of the old and added a few of the new with a purely Asian inspired theme.  This photo is currently for sale starting from $35.  Additionally, a portion of the profits is donated to the Surfrider Foundation - an organization dedicated to cleaning and protecting our beaches an oceans.  Check them out for more information, they serve a really great purpose!! http://www.surfrider.org/

Check out the rest of my photography for sale (shameless plug)www.artforconservation.org/artists/racephotography.  I hope you enjoy it, and if you do, help out a great cause....then tell your friends ;)



Wachirawit Primary school trip to Royal Flora, Chiang Mai, Thailand.  June 2012

Keep on keepin' on!
LG

No comments:

Post a Comment