Saturday, September 15, 2012

A new adventure on the horizon?

I was talking with a friend from the secondary branch of the school I'm teaching at Thursday night (I finally made it to the UN Irish Bar's weekly pub quiz - something I've been trying to get to since February) and discussing how shitty our salary is - even by Thai standards.  He was telling me of a friend who had taught in Korea for a year.  Korea, apparently, pays English teachers a shit ton of money (compared with the cheap cost of living), including paying for accomodation and round-trip flights.  My friend's friend was able to save so much money that she's been in Thailand since January and hasn't had to work. Sweeeeeeet.

I've never had a desire to visit Korea, but this might be a great possibility.  I'm getting that ball of excitement that forms in the pit of my stomach at the prospect of a new adventure...that's big news considering I'm getting a root canal in 4 hours.

Maybe I should get to the Irish Bar's pub quiz more often...

Hello Korea, goodbye debt?  Stay tuned!

Happy Trails,
LG

No comments:

Post a Comment