Friday, June 9, 2017

Photo of the Month: Cambodia and the Bayon

I'm itching for an adventure.  A solo one, because I'm pretty much over humans at this point.  You know how I know when I need to get away?  I start acting like a crotchety old lady...and I've been crotchety and moody for months now.  I want to go somewhere off the grid, but not entirely.  Just off the grid enough that my phone doesn't work so that the people who only text me when they want something can't get a hold of me.  Somewhere that I can talk to someone in broken English and learn something new about their culture.  Somewhere that also serves a delicious spicy bowl of noodles and a mango-something desert.

Y'all...I can't even begin to describe how fed up I am.  It's a culmination of little things that add up over time and take small hits on my overly empathetic heart.  My last blog entry, I wrote about how my life has turned on itself: where there was once a semblance to my social life but my work life sucked, now my job is great but my social life?  What's that?  You try to make friends, make yourself vulnerable to dudes that you fancy --- which in and of itself is hard enough...it took me DAYS to send a text telling Dude that I was interested...only to get a "maybe" response.  Well, in the words of Jack Johnson, "It seems to me that 'maybe' pretty much always means 'no'".  And what have I heard from him on this subject since?  A big. fat. nothing.  So, to the dudes of the world I say, if a chick tells you she likes you, it probably took a LOT for her to say something, to take that risk...grow a pair and give her an answer, even if it's one you know she's not going to like, she'll respect you a lot more for that.  I'm just sayin.

So this is where I'm at.  Chillin' on my own, hiking on my weekends in the great Colorado Rockies, and counting down the days until my September vay-cay.  Unfortunately, this year is a no-go for international travel, since British BFF is coming to visit.  So, Photo of the Month's get me reminiscing and dreaming of past adventures, yummy noodles, and broken English conversations while standing in awe at the base of ancient temples.

Today, my memories take me to Cambodia.  Because I didn't have a desire to visit Cambodia...ever...but I fell 110% in love.  So right now in my mind, I'm in a tuk-tuk, following the throngs of tourists swarming to the Bayon, one of the many temples on the grounds of Angkor - a seriously magical place.  One that brought me to tears the moment I glimpsed it.  And I'm happy.

Entrance to an ancient civilization


Now, if I could get a damn bowl of spicy noodles and a coconut shake, I'd be feeling pretty grand :)

Happy Trails!

And, well...Jack.



No comments:

Post a Comment