Wednesday, December 3, 2014

If you love me let me go, back to that bar in Tokyo...

Hey y'all.  I know it's been quite a while since my last post - four months, to be exact!  I'm still alive and kickin', just not living abroad anymore.  I left Korea at the end of August to head back to the Motherland to take a break from living the expat life...and to really give my ankle a chance at healing all good and proper ;)

There is nothing exciting happening in Colorado...unless you want to talk to me about the football season, particularly my Broncos.  Still hunting for a job.  Still hunting for a dude.  Being lazy while I can.  Spending money I don't have.  Enjoying watching shows on a television and not a computer screen.  Loving trips to the cinema without Korean or Thai subtitles.  You know, all the things that go with changing your lifestyle for the umpteenth time.

Anywho...I've been meaning to get back into blogging the Photo of the Day.  Photo of the "Day" never really took off for me (or was I doing "Week"?...either way, like Anakin to Obi Wan, I have failed you).  So after a long ass wait since Changgyeonggung Palace...a photo blog (which is actually a full photo BLOG, not just Photo of the Day), here's my attempt at jumping back on the Photo of the Day...Week? train.

I've had The Wombats - Tokyo (Vampires & Wolves) stuck in my head all morning.  It's a good earworm to have...I'm not gonna lie.  But it has me reminiscing about Japan, and I'd love to go back there someday.  I never made it to Tokyo, I spent my time in Kyoto and Osaka.  So, here is one of my favorite photos from that trip - taken on my iPhone, not even my full camera.



These "mush-mush" carts (a name I gave them) are all around in the quiet area of Arashiyama - a neighborhood of Kyoto.  I really loved Arashiyama, which is full of beautiful temples surrounding a peaceful bamboo forest.  If you ever go to Kyoto, I recommend a trip to Arashiyama.  I meant to have an hour long wander through the bamboo forest, then head back into the city...instead I spent my entire day wandering around Arashiyama - it's really lovely :)

I'll try to get back to posting a photo a week of places that I've been...but I'm not promising anything!

Happy Trails!

And for your earworm today...if you're wondering why I'm wanderlusting for Japan:


No comments:

Post a Comment