Friday, May 23, 2014

Reflections of...the way life used to be

I have officially been teaching in Korea for one full year.  I can't believe how fast this year completely FLOWN by.  We had our end of term party last night - our terms last three months at my academy - and it seems just like yesterday that I was at my first term party last year, meeting all of my new co-workers and staff.

Spring, my Korean co-teacher that started at the same time as me, and I were talking about our students that we've shared and how far they've come.

Spring and I shared the same classes for the first nine months of our contract...one of those classes was one of my favorites.  Unfortunately, this term, they had a different foreign teacher, so I lost that class.  When I had them last year, they were working on their phonics.  Now, they're speaking in complete sentences, working on using transitions and conjunctions!  It's so amazing to witness this and be a part of their learning.  It's not something that I realize everyday, but upon reflection over the last year, I can see how far some of my students have come.  (It's also heartwarming that Spring told me one of the students prefers me as their foreign teacher, not the one they had this term :)

My co-teacher, Spring, and I
November 2013

As frustrating and exhausting that teaching can be sometimes, it's seeing how your students progress and grow that make it all worth it in the end.  I've grown quite fond of some of my little monsters...even though my hair has turned considerably more silver in the process...

These two pics are of my lowest level class at the moment, the same age that the aforementioned class was last year...I hope to see these guys grow and learn as much as the other ones have :)

One of my favorite monsters right now...

The Wild Ones

Happy Trails!

And a song that really has nothing to do with teaching, but it's in my head because of "Reflections"...


No comments:

Post a Comment