Friday, November 8, 2013

Siem Reap and Angkor Wat - a photo blog

It's been just over a year since I set foot in, and fell in love with, Cambodia.  My friend and I were only in Siem Reap for four days, but it was enough to steal my soul...hook, line, and sinker!  Funny thing is, I didn't even want to visit Cambodia - I only went as my friend from home was visiting me in Thailand and wanted to go.  (I'm kind of discovering that the countries I really didn't have a desire to visit have ended up being my favourite places - most recently, Japan - maybe that's due to not having any expectations for these places?  Hmm...motivation to visit more, methinks!)  The four days we spent in Cambodia left me wanting more.  I want to know more about these beautiful people who wear heartfelt smiles, and are genuinely friendly - and about their gorgeous country.

Maybe I'll write more about my experience another time - for now, I still want to treasure it for myself - so until then, here's a wee photo blog of my wonderful experience in Siem Reap and Angkor.

The Original Bat Mobile - Pub Street, Siem Reap
©RacePhotography

Monks walking around the massive complex that is Angkor Wat
©RacePhotography

Angkor Wat silhouette
©RacePhotography

On our way to the faces of Bayon
©RacePhotography

Little tykes in the Bayon
©RacePhotography

One of the many faces of the Bayon
©RacePhotography

One of the many beautiful temples at Angkor
©RacePhotography

Doors in doors in doors
©RacePhotography

Another breath-taking temple of Angkor
©RacePhotography


Taken back by the jungle - Ta Phrom. Just, wow.
©RacePhotography

Angkor Wat
©RacePhotography

Hungry little guy at Angkor Wat
©RacePhotography

Angkor Wat temple carvings
©RacePhotography

A drive through the countryside can give you a unique peek into the lives of the Cambodia people
©RacePhotography

The floating village of Kampong Phluk
©RacePhotography

A curious face in the floating village of Kampong Phluk
©RacePhotography
 


If you like my photography, check out my website and what I have for sale with Art for Conservation - Race Photography.  I also have a blog about AFC here, although I've added more pieces since writing it.

Also if you're interested, checkout my full blog about the floating village of Kampong Phluk - Rollin' on a River.

Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment